Fanney Law Office, PLLC provides legal services for clients in Raleigh, North Carolina and surrounding areas. Our law firms helps people facing allegations criminal charges. John Fanney is an experienced courtroom advocate, available for legal representation in Raleigh, NC in Wake County and the surrounding judicial districts.
Our law firm serves as legal counsel for state and federal crimes, felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, to help clients with allegations including:
- DWI / DUI Impaired Driving
- Assault and Battery
- Assault on Female
- DVPO Domestic Violence Protective Order
- 50B Violations
- Larceny Theft Embezzlement
- Drug Crimes
- Sex Offenses / Sex Crimes
- Felony or Misdemeanor Criminal Charges
- Robbery – Common Law Robbery
John Fanney is a North Carolina Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist in both State Criminal Law and Federal Criminal Law, and has devoted his practice exclusively to defending clients against criminal charges, with an emphasis on courtroom advocacy:
- Counsel you on ways to be proactive about your case
- Assess if there was probable cause for an arrest
- Work to protect your legal rights (Constitutional Rights)
- File Pre Trial Motions
- Take your case to trial, if appropriate
- Communicate with you about the steps of your criminal charges
- Advise you about all of your options, including consequences of potential conviction, and some possible ways to reduce your sentence.
John has 25+ years of experience providing legal representation on criminal charges in Raleigh, North Carolina and is a respected member of the legal community. He is compassionate advocate for justice, hard-working, and dedicated to the fair, equal protection of the NC criminal laws.
John will provide solid legal counsel based on his years in the law field and on an in-depth review of your case. If you are innocent, John will work to find evidence for your case while also refuting alleged evidence from the prosecuting attorney. If you made a mistake and have been charged for an offense, John will work to find mitigating factors or to present extenuating circumstances for a reduced penalty. Many times in the past, he has been able to successfully represent his clients and bring them through their unfortunate situations.Choosing an Attorney
When selecting a law firm to represent you in any criminal charges, you want someone with experience in that area. You want to ensure they understand the details of the laws impacting your charges and have in-depth knowledge of the state, county and city legal systems and regulations. Feel free to ask about previous cases and the record before selecting an attorney.
You should also receive a free consultation where you can explain your situation and ask questions of the attorney. This enables you to get to know the attorney and determine if they will be able to help you without cost. Fanney Law Office, PLLC provides a free consultation for potential clients. This opportunity allows them to get to know John and feel more comfortable providing him with details of their case. They can ask questions and begin developing a relationship that will strengthen as the case progresses towards resolution.Practice Areas
- Alcohol-related Offenses
- Misdemeanor/Felony Drug Offenses
- Death by Vehicle/ Serious Injury by Vehicle Offenses
- Federal Offenses
- Traffic Offenses
- Sex Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Defense Attorneys Raleigh NC
John puts his education and experience to work for clients who have been charged with DWI. His extensive background helps him in his investigation because he has a more thorough understanding of the process involved in charging someone with this offense. He has also built a solid reputation among his peers for his work and dedication to his clients.DWI Training
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) courses in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST), bot h the student and instructor courses (The same training police officers use.).
- NHTSA Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) course
- Intoxilyzer 5000© operator and technician course
- Intoximeter EC/IR II© training course
- Juris Doctorate – Norman A. Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University, Raleigh, North Carolina, 1991
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1987
- Board Certified Specialist in State & Federal Criminal Law – 2003-present
- North Carolina State Bar, admitted 1991 Peer Recognition
- U.S. News & World Report™ Best Law Firms – 2014
- Best Lawyers™ Top DWI Attorney for Raleigh, North Carolina – 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America™ – 2012-present
- SuperLawyer ™ - 2008-present
John has been a regular speaker at DWI Defense seminars since 2004 and is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the National College for DUI Defense (State Delegate).